March 20, 2009

I need a desktop...

I'm so mad. All my pictures from 2007 are gone. I checked my external hard drive where all my pictures are stored and discovered I lost all the ones from that year. I'm pissed off 'cause pictures from my Lola's funeral where in that folder and now it's gone...

2 comments.:

Jocelyn said...

That scares me because I have alot of stuff on my external hardrive too. I've already gone through losing hella stuff last year. I can't bear to have that happen to me again.

What'd you do!? LOL

Anonymous said...

hey dude, i've been lurking your blog for a while. fantastic stuff. I've been looking around at other people's stuff, and it makes me miss photography so much more, haha.

Anyway, I wanted to see if i could give you some help for this incident. You could use a recovery program to try and recover some of those pictures (even though they got deleted). It still tries to read the artifacts on the hard drive platters to pick up any information off of it. as long as you don't overwrite anything on the drive, you might have some chance of recovering some things.

Give this a shot:

http://lifehacker.com/142637/download-of-the-day-2-pc-inspector-file-recovery

and whatever else is on lifehacker by searching "file recovery" or "accidentally deleted"

Archive